The Philadelphia fleets have announced today that they have claimed Mike McKenna Bay after Vancouver Canucks surrenders, according to Chuck Fletcher, Executive Vice President / Chief Executive Officer.
Below are news and notes about McKenna's career:
MIKE McKENNA (G)
drafted: 2002 (6th, 172th) – Predators from Nashville
AGE: 35 (4-11-1983) Borneo: St. Louis, Missouri
Vital Signs: 6 & 2, 183 pounds CATCH: Right
* McKenna was recently acquired by Vancouver Canucks in a trade with Senators in Ottawa on Jan. 2.
* He has appeared in 10 matches for Ottawa this season, registering a record 1-4-1 to go along with a goal of 3.96 goals and a .897 rescue rate … He has stopped 34 of 37 hits in a 4-3 Flyers victory on November 27th.
* He also appeared in six games for Senator AHL affiliated senators in Belleville, where he recorded a 3-3-0 record with a rescue rate of 2.72 GAA and a .914 percent.
* During his six-year NHL career, McKenna has a record of 7-16-3, with a rescue percentage of 3.58 GAA and .892 in 34 appearances with Tampa Bay Lightning (2008-09), New Jersey Devils (2010) – 11), Columbus Blue Jackets (2013-14), Arizona Coyotes (2014-15), Dallas Stars (2017-18) and Senators (2018-19).
* In his AHL career, McKenna appeared in 467 games with a career of 226-175-25 with 27 shutouts and a lifetime of 2.70 GAA and .913 rescue percentage.
He also resumed his team in the final of the Calder Cup in each of the last two seasons: He went 14-8 with a GAA 2.41 and a salary of 0.927 for Texas Stars (Dallas Stars) in 2018 and had a record of 13 -9 with a 2.68 GAA and .911 save the percentage for Syracuse Crunch (Tampa Bay Lightning) in 2017.