Tuesday , August 3 2021

The body of a dead man was found under the rubble of Marseilles



The collapse of two buildings Monday reminds that the city has many unhealthy buildings. Five to eight people could be buried.

The world
|
• Updating the function

|

of

The rescuers are working on the site of two collapsed buildings in Marsilia's 1st arrondissement on November 5.

Four firefighters specializing in rescue and cleaning in urban areas turned all night to detect potential survivors in the Noailles district in downtown Marseille, where two buildings collapsed early in the morning on Monday 5 November. Without knowing what was the first to collapse, challenging the other in a card house, the buildings in the 63nd and 65th Avenue, rue de Aubagne, four and five-storey high, a heap of debris.

On Tuesday morning, the body of a dead man was found under rubble, where between five and eight people could be buried, authorities said. "Emergency is to save lives", hit Christophe Castaner, who reminded that the operations will remain "More Days". The Interior Minister explained that he was relieved "In the most meticulous way possible". "In the first part of the liberation operations, I found some survival pockets that made it possible to hope to identify and find a person who could be saved, he added.

Early in the morning, nearly a hundred rescuers were still hard to work in the heavy rain. "I saw a cloud of dust, he confessed Cyril Pimentel, who had just opened the Bikes Association in the city, a few steps away. We would have thought we were in Syria. "

Read also:


Marseilles: Ten people can not be found after the collapse of two buildings

Investigation entrusted to the judiciary

On Monday, Relief chose to crash a third building that threatened to ruin the afternoon to make its intervention more secure. The presence of victims under rubble does not seem to make any doubt. "What matters is that we find as few possible deaths as possible, but we think there will be some" said Jean-Claude Gaudin, Mayor of the Marseilles Republic, present on stage alongside Julien Denormandie, the city and housing minister.

Prosecutor Xavier Tarabeux, who entrusted the judicial police investigation, opened it "Homicide" and "Involuntary injury" because it justified, "We are almost certain they were occupants, the first testimonies suggest this." According to Séverin, who lives in the opposite building, "A gentleman had just come out of the building that was moving." In the affirmative, there were families and couples inside ".

The two collapsed buildings were not unknown authorities, as Marsilia Habitat, the concessionaire detained by the city to carry out a battle against non-giant construction, lasted ten years to acquire all the consortium plots of 63, rue d'Aubagne. The building even appeared in New national urban renewal program; a microcrèche project of ten places was to occupy the ground once rehabilitated. It was built, the windows were supported with large beams and, according to Arlette Fructus, housing consultant of the Aix-Marseille-Provence metropolitan area, visits were made regularly by municipal services. Last October 31 confirmed that he was unoccupied, says the elected.

The second building, aged 65, rue d'Aubagne, a twelve-condominium of which nine were occupied, was the subject of a distraction order on the first floor on October 18 , the floor threatening to collapse. The completion of the work and the green light of an expert allowed the reintegration of a family. Starting January 2017, the building had already been emptied by its occupants due to a grave and imminent danger. The floor on the first floor collapsed at the entrance.

Read also:


A 3 billion euro plan to help drifting condominiums

A non-sanitary habitat, even unworthy

This drama, a few steps from the old harbor, reminds us how Marseilles suffer from a bad, even unwieldy habitat located in the northern districts and the city center. In May 2015, a report by the General Inspector of the Administration for Sustainable Development, Christian Nicol, presented to the Minister of Housing, has produced an alarming inventory: "The potential unwanted portfolio of Marseilles private property that poses a health or safety risk concerns about 100,000 inhabitants and over 40,000 homes, or almost 13% of the main residence park, of which 70% are located in private homes condominium. " A rate that goes up to 35% in the city center and includes Noailles, the place of all trades and sleeping trades for merchants. The existence of a dozen procedures for insular or non-insured dwellings that are currently under investigation by the Marseilles Prosecutor is therefore disproportionate to the status of a large number of buildings.

People, often called the "Marsilia belly," because it hosts the Longue-des-Capucins street market, Noailles is one of the five degraded islands requiring priority intervention included in the Grand Center-Ville 2011-2021 operation) for the rehabilitation of the built heritage. But, in the eyes of the A city center for everyone, things do not go on, except for a gentrification start at the bottom of Aubagne, where a whole island overlooking Canebière is turned into a luxury hotel.

"In Noailles, there is an abandonment strategy and this tragic event is a direct consequence of the mayor's negligence in preventing and treating unwary and unhealthy dwellings in the city center, regrets Patrick Lacoste, a member of the association, who points out that this neighborhood has been the subject of twenty-year re-qualification programs. Today, half of the degraded buildings remain to be treated. "In Marseilles, we prefer to put the money on the stadium or in the La Marseillaise tower by Jean Nouvel, She has plague. He is absolutely shameful, will take the dead to take care of the city center. "

"We were ashamed to invite people to our place"

Arlette Fructus is also angry, but against "A system that penalizes public intervention". In the procedure of non-observance of land control at 63, rue d'Aubagne, the experts had three years to present themselves to the judges. And when in 2015 the neighboring manor took legal action for disturbances caused by the 65-year-old building, it took another three years for the experts to go on stage. "The tragedy that we live today is related to the constant stagnation of procedures, a sclerosing system that prevents us from progressing and delaying our action" regrets Mme Fructus.

Sophie, 25, master of philosophy, has rented a EUR 330 studio on the fifth floor of the 65th Aubagne rue. On Sunday, she had not slept home, she says The world. His neighbor on the fourth floor is no longer. The latter is saved, because her shower flows to the bottom floor, went to live with a friend. "We were ashamed to invite people to our house" She said. In October, he harassed a trustee who told him everything was okay, even if the doors were no longer open, and the walls were stifling. But what revolts her most is that I did not "I did not immediately measure things: all my neighbors are under rubble".

Read also:


In Marseille, the city center still resists gentrification


Source link