Choose local and seasonal products, minimize packaging, shop in groups, shop by recycling envelopes, optimize energy consumption in storage and food preparation, do not waste or bring debris to the table.together with the separate collection, some of the behaviors suggested by the Coldiretti Decalogue to take responsibility for future generations.
"The Ravenna farmers 'market – also noted in Campagna Amica – is also born to promote awareness of the seasonality of products that do not have to travel long distances and to disseminate, thanks to farmers' advice, the best methods of storage and use Local food treasures and hundreds of citizens were consumers who, during the morning, stormed sheltered markets buying fruit and vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, cheese, salami, honey, but also jams, pastries, pastries, plants and flowers strictly at km0 ".
At the inauguration, signature collection "Eat original! Demonstrate your food" (Eat the original, disassemble the food) to ask the European Commission to act in terms of transparency and informing the consumer about the origin of what you eat. The signature collection will continue tomorrow, Sunday, November 18, when the market will exceptionally remain open during the morning.
After the inauguration, the agricultural market will respect these weekly hours: Tuesday from 8.30 to 13.00, Friday from 15:00 to 19:30 Sunday morning, always from 8.30 to 13.00.
"In our network – ithe Campagna Amica – consisting of 7502 farms, 1187 markets and 2352 farms, local products are sold directly by the farmer, reducing transport, waste, pollution and environmental impact and climate change. In fact, it has been calculated that each meal travels on average about two thousand kilometers before reaching the tables, with the commercial distribution of food being among the main responsible on a global scale of greenhouse gas emissions. "
"It has been calculated, for example, that one kilogram of Chilean cherries to reach Italian tables should travel nearly 12,000 kilometers with a consumption of 6,9 kilograms of oil and the emission of 21,6 kilograms of carbon kilograms of blueberries in Argentina must fly for more than 11,000 kilometers with a consumption of 6,4 kg of oil, which releases 20,1 kg of carbon dioxide in transport " conclude.
COLDIRETTI COALITION FOR CLIMATE SAVINGS
– prefer to purchase local products that do not have to bear long-term transport with pollutants;
– Choose seasonal fruits and vegetables that do not consume energy for storage;
– Reducing intermediaries to make purchases directly from the manufacturer, as well as Coldiretti-friendly campaign markets, to avoid product changes that often involve unnecessary transport;
– You prefer bulk products that do not consume packaging, such as milk dispensers;
– Purchase family packages in comparison to single-serve packages to reduce the consumption of packaging for the quantities of food consumed;
– Group shopping (also in the condominium) to reduce energy consumption in transport for shopping;
– Reuse shopping bags and use those made from biodegradable materials of national agricultural or canvas instead of plastic ones;
– optimizing energy consumption in the preparation and storage of low impact pots and refrigerators;
– reducing waste by optimizing purchases and rediscovering the kitchens of scrap to prevent their scattering;
– Make separate collection to allow recovery of energy from waste produced.