In January last year, Australian star and mysterious singer Sia Furler (45) surprised many when she almost accidentally revealed that she had become a mother.
In an interview with GQ, she said in a side note that she had adopted a son.
Five months later, however, it turned out that she had adopted not just one boy, but two.
– I adopted two sons last year. They were both 18 years old – now they are both 19 years old. They were too old for adoptive parents. I love them, he then shared it in an interview with “The Morning Mash Up”, according to People.
She became a grandmother
Now the “Titanium” star, who is well known for hiding her face, is opening up about her role as a mother.
– It’s hard. It was both painful and rewarding. All I can say is that I just have to remind them that I am here for them. That I will never leave and that I love them, she says in an interview for “The Project”, according to People.
“I think it’s scary for them to say, ‘I’ll always love you,’ when you’ve lived in 28 different foster homes all your life,” she added.
It is not enough for Sia to be the mother of two teenage boys. Last summer she also became a grandmother – at the age of 44.
– My youngest son had only twins. Grandmother are fucked! I was immediately horrified, she admitted in DJ Zane Lowe’s Apple Music podcast, according to CNN.
The Grammy-nominated star also revealed that her journey as a mother had saddened her when it came to the home system.
“It’s completely corrupt,” she said.
– We’re failing. Not from my own experience, but from the experience of my sons.
The 45-year-old also said that the boys suffered complicated traumas when they lived in a foster home, but that they have flourished since they were adopted.
Furler was previously married to American documentary director Erik Anders Lang, but the two decided in 2016 to divorce after two years of marriage. They did not have children during the relationship, but she fixed this on her own.
In an interview with “The Morning Mash Up” in May, she said that the sons had some problems adapting to their new daily life, especially since the daily life in the pandemic is not similar to normal.
– They both think it’s pretty difficult. One is more difficult than the other. But they do both things that are good for them now, that help. They learn a lot, which is good for them, she said.
Sia Furler made a name for herself in 2011, when she reached the top of the charts with the song “Titanium” with David Guetta. The artist also devastated the charts with “Chandelier” in 2014 and is known for his loud and harsh voice.
The songbird has its large wig, which covers its face, as a trademark and has rarely appeared without it before. The reason was that she did not want to be recognized, said Ellen DeGeneres, host of the show.
READ ALSO: “Don’t doubt who their parents are.”