IFixit specialists have grabbed a new mobile device and have traditionally disassembled it into separate components. This time, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone has fallen into the hands of skilled craftsmen. IFixit engineers have figured out the features of their design and made a verdict on the maintenance of new items.
Recall, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone was introduced mid-morn. It uses a curved 6.39-inch OLED screen with 1440p resolution and HDR support. The device boasts a Kirin 980 processor, 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal flash memory. On the back of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a triple Leica optics camera. includes a main 40 megapixel Quad Bayer module with a wide-angle f / 1.8 lens. The ultra-wide angle module is equipped with a 20 megapixel sensor and a lens with a f / 2.2 resolution. Finally, an 8 megapixel sensor and a telephoto lens (80 mm) with a f / 2.2 aperture are designed for the optical zoom of the scene.
After disassembling the device in individual components, the iFixit experts have rated 4 out of 10 the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone. Thus, the model in question is susceptible to repair, but this task is not easy.
In general, iFixit experts have highlighted the following aspects of Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone maintainability:
- Many components are modular and can be replaced independently of each other.
- To replace the battery, simply remove the back cover and the center frame.
- The device uses standard Phillips screws and a moderate amount of glue.
- Because this model uses a layered component design with a base plate in the middle, this approach requires the use of more flexible connection cables than usual. Thus, the repair process will take longer.
- Glazed glass panels can be damaged during the repair process, and the process of repairing and opening the smartphone is quite difficult.
- To replace the display, you'll need a long procedure to disassemble the device, and you will end up with a durable adhesive.
- Breaking the display will also require replacement of the fingerprint scanner. And vice versa.