Absolutely need a new router today, there are plenty of excellent options on the market. If your current device is good enough and it works, however, I would advise you to opt out of an upgrade. Why? There is a great change to wireless internet – 802.11ax also knows as "Wi-Fi 6." Not only these new routers could offer more bandwidth and bandwidth, but some will eventually provide WPA3 – the latest and greatest security standard.
Today, NETGEAR announces two future Wi-Fi 6 – Nighthawk AX8 and AX12 routers. Not only is every model full of extraordinary specifications, it also has its wild design. Almost shows that they have shank fins on the right and left. Are I overloaded for most homes? Absolute. However, if you like new and bright things and you are willing to spend a dollar to become an early adopter, you will want to take a look.
Read also: Wi-Fi becomes a new naming scheme brilliant
"A Wi-Fi router 6 can offer significant improvements to the efficiency of your existing network and help your existing WiFi devices get faster. Enjoy a better home experience while streaming 4K, Ultra-HD movies , download large files and make trouble-free use of multiple smart devices with maximum coverage WiFi.AX WiFi supports all of the current Wi-Fi devices and is compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and older generic WiFi devices, "says NETGEAR.
The company also says: "With more Wi-Fi streams, faster bandwidth and faster coding through MU-MIMO and 1024 QAM, AX WiFi delivers much higher, more efficient speeds, AX WiFi offers a larger range than previous WiFi standards, your pool or Skype from the garden office – now it's easier than ever to stay fast and reliable in larger spaces. "
NETGEAR shares the following details about the new 802.11ax Nighthawk routers below. You can click on the links to find out more.
Nighthawk Router Wi-Fi AX6000 8-Stream (RAX80): This router is the industry's first router with multi-gig support, aggregated by two gigabit Ethernet ports and designed to deliver up to four times more data capacity than previous standards. AX WiFi features advanced technologies such as OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 160MHz channel support and 1024 QAM to greatly improve network efficiency
- 8-Stream AX WiFi with speeds of up to 6Gbps
- Uplink and OFDMA downlink
- 4×4 MU-MIMO
- Powerful quad-core processor of 1.8GHz
- Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity for compatible mobile and laptop devices
- Two (2) USB 3.0 ports
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 40MHz up to 1.2Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 160MHz up to 4.8 Gbps
- Six (6) 10/100/1000Mbps- (1 WAN and 5 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AX6000: Fast combined speeds of up to 6Gbps WiFi and a 64GHz 64GHz quad-core processor optimized for AX processors with smart home applications with ultra-smooth 4K UHD streaming, online games and more. The AX WiFi feature multi-orthogonal access (OFDMA) that dramatically increases network capacity compared to today's WiFi and reduces latency for a better WiFi experience, being ideal for a household with many WiFi devices.
- 12-Stream AX WiFi with speeds of up to 6Gbps
- OFDMA – Enhanced network capability for multiple devices
- 8×8 MU-MIMO
- Ultra-powerful 2.2GHz quad-core processor
- Multi-giant 5G / 2.5G / 1G Ethernet port
- Supports WPA3, the latest and latest WiFi security protocol
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20 / 40MHz, up to 1.2Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 8×8 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/80 + 80MHz up to 4.8 Gbps
- Back compatible with WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac WiFi
- Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Gigabit ports
- 1 WAN and 4 LANs
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Port Aggregation
- 5G / 2.5G / 1G port for multiple Ethernet LAN ports
The Netgear AX12 is obviously the largest of the pairs with better hardware specifications and promised WPA3. Unfortunately, it will only be available until the beginning of 2019 for an unknown price. The AX8, however, will be released in December for $ 399.99. In fact, you can even order it here now.