Has a name: "Very Anticipated" Walt Disney (DIS), known as "Disney Plus" (or perhaps Disney +), according to CEO Bob Iger, on Thursday's earnings. He also highlighted the entertainment giant's plans to push further into the direct-to-consumer space.
Disney's earnings and revenue beat quarterly quarterly tax returns, sending Disney stocks higher. Here are some important aspects of the call and quarterly report:
Disney earns High Call
- The Disney + platform, launched at the end of 2019, will host live concerts with Tom Hiddleston as well as a series of "Star Wars: Rogue One" songs from Diego Luna.
- As previously announced, Disney + will also have new "Star Wars" and "Monsters, Inc." series, plus a "robust" pipeline of original films for this service.
- More than one million subscribers subscribed to the ESPN + sports streaming service, which was only released in April. This is very good for Disney's general direction towards consumers, Iger said.
- Hulu is a big question mark for Wall Street. Disney will have a 60% stake in the streaming platform after finalizing the purchase 21st century (Foxa). Iger says that, given the success of brand growth and brand strength, there is an opportunity to increase investment in Hulu, especially as regards the programming side.
- Iger seeks to use this television production capacity that merged to feed Hulu with "much more" original programming to allow him to compete more aggressively on the market. He also mentioned Hulu's monthly growth potential.
- The new Star Wars theme parks will be "the largest lands we have ever built", both physically and in the field. He predicts "a huge increase in demand". Star Wars: The Galaxy's Edge opens in the summer of 2019 in Disneyland, California, and late autumn in Disney World, Florida.
estimates: Disney's revenue grew 22%, to $ 1.31 per share, with revenue growth of 8% to $ 13.81 billion, according to Zacks Investment Research.
Results: Q4 Disney earnings per share rose 38 percent, to $ 1.48, up 12 percent to $ 14.31 billion, exceeding the top and bottom line estimates. Disney's revenue growth has accelerated slowly over the last four quarters.
The key media network segment, including ESPN, posted 9% gains to $ 5.96 billion. Disney's typical theme parks and studio segments have also made a good presentation, theme parks with up to 9% revenue up to $ 5.07 billion, studio revenue reaching 50% undoubtedly supported by Ant-Man and the Wasp "by Marvel and Pixar's" Incredibles 2 ". "
Disney products for consumer products and interactive media revenue slipped by 8%.
"We continue to focus on completing and successfully integrating our 21st Century Fox acquisition and further developing our direct business to consumers, including the very early launch of our Disney streaming service at the end of next year," said Iger in a press release.
Disney shares rose 2 percent to 118.27 after closing transactions after closing on Thursday with 0.9 percent to 116 trades. Action after hours suggests that Disney stock will try to clarify the point of purchase from a cup-shaped base. Shares briefly clarified this entry several times during a volatile October.
SHOULD YOU LIKE YOU AND:
Hours: These 5 actions are remarkable that move the winnings; futures
Why you should buy on the stock market
Midterms Lift Marihuana Stocks; "Fundamental Benefits" Benefits of these companies